Monday 11 December 2017

Articles and Interviews - a round up of recent publications

I've been appearing in the media quite a bit recently. For an update of articles, reviews and interviews - by me or about me - read on.

Interview with Me and Reviews of My Books
Shaun Barnett interviewed Ned Barraud and I for the December issue of Backcountry -  the FMC magazine - we talk about our illustration and writing work and what influenced us. Shaun also reviewed two of the books in the  'Explore and Discover' series. We were in great company, this issue also includes photography competition winners, a photo-essay on caves and an item pack-rafting.
An illustration from 'In the Bush' features
on the cover of Backcountry
 "In the Bush is perfect for a junior tramper wanting to know more about our forests and the creatures that inhabitat them." Shaun Barnett in Backcountry

A selection of other reviews: 
Author Philippa Werry reviewed Up the River on The Sapling 
Bob Docherty promoter of books and literacy in schools reviewed Up the River on Bob's Books Blog 
"No webpage can cover the ground as well as this publication." About Up the River Bob Docherty in Bob's Books Blog
Articles - Read about me Taking Action for Nature
I was invited by Forest & Bird to contribute an item for their Summer 2017 edition - out last week. In 'Whitaker's Warriors' I wrote about a local conservation project I'm involved with. You can read an earlier item about this project on my blog here.


 And for a few of my favourite walks, you can read a couple of Wild Trip articles in recent Wilderness magazines. In the December issue, I described the Te Au track in Waikanae; and in October I wrote about the Barra track.
Up the Barra Track - a staircase of roots
Although I'm pretty busy with writing for children, it's a welcome change to write for adults!


No comments:

Post a Comment